Accellor created a unique Salesforce Classic to Lightning migration solution for a Fortune 50 company – a pioneer in the manufacture of microprocessors and one of the world’s largest semiconductor chip manufacturers with employees in 46 countries.
They needed a partner who could transition this customized mission-critical Salesforce org to Lightning smoothly and efficiently, with as little disruption as possible. Furthermore, someone who could understand their business processes and integration to back-end systems.
That’s where Accellor came in.
The size and scope of the client’s business meant that the migration would have to go live simultaneously in 9 call centers across 6 time zones in 11 languages, with no loss of the functionality available in Classic.
We evaluated the Visualforce pages and developed a migration path that maintained process integrity. The migration sequence was agreed upon with the client and as elements were migrated, they were made available for integration testing and user training.
- Reusability: Configurable elements – drag reusable custom lightning components using Lightning app builder.
- Simplification: Simplified code and used Lightning-specific features to create global actions, compact layouts, case path and wave dashboards for agents.
- Streamlined processes: Lightning features like guided action lists to help agents launch specific customer service workflows and keep track of each step of the process.
- Efficiency: A simplified process to display internal notification alerts to agents in console by building a highly configurable declarative solution.
Our solution and implementation provided benefits specific to the client's business and made the transition as painless as possible. Some indicators of our tangible and wide-ranging impact:
- 1000+ users with a faster, more seamless experience thanks to a smoother, more intuitive UI and mobile compatibility.
- 9 call centers, 6 time zones and 11 languages – all had to be migrated, tested and deployed.
- Extensive UAT and a production pilot to incorporate user feedback prior to full deployment.
- 13 User profiles impacted, 56 reusable custom lightning components.